These days, Almost every person use the internet on their mobile phone, desktop, laptop and many other devices. Most people have wifi in their home or office.
Otherwise, people use dongles as a hotspot. That feature was missing in the old data cards. But if you have an old data card that doesn’t have hotspot ready device.
And you want to use your old data card on your mobile phone But don’t know how to do it. Then don’t worry about it.
This article will show you how you can connect your mobile device with a data card & without a rooted android smartphone because you are in the right place.
How To Connect Data Card To Android or Any Other SmartPhone?
There are two ways to connect your smartphone with the data card. The first way is possible with windows 10 laptop or desktop, and another one needs a root android device.
If you have one thing from these things, then you must read the following paragraphs. Otherwise, you have to root your android smartphone.
With Desktop or Laptop
Let’s begin with the first method. In this method, you need a laptop or desktop, a data card (Dongle) and a device you want to connect.
- Connect your data card (Dongle) with your desktop or laptop
- Go to Settings on your computer or desktop
- Open the network & internet section
- Now, click on the mobile hotspot option
- Turn on the share my internet connection with another device
- After that all, open settings in your mobile
- Click on wifi option
- Click on your computer hotspot and enter the password ( that is in the mobile hotspot section on your computer)
Now, you are able to enjoy the data card internet on your mobile and desktop or laptop as well.
With PPP Widget 2 (Root Android Phone required)
In this case, you need a root android device, data card and data cable that can connect your data card to your mobile phone.
This cable will be available in the nearby store where you live. After that, you just have to follow the given steps.
- Open play store on your mobile phone
- Type PPP widget 2 in the search bar
- Download and install this application
- After the installation, Put the application on the homescreen and open the application
- Now, connect data card with data cable
- And, put the cable in your mobile phone
- A pop-up comes to your mobile phone
- Click on ok
- After that, open the PPP widget 2 application
- Enter APN details and other details that are required
- After that, come back to the home screen and click on the connect button on the PPP Widget 2 application.
Now, you can test your internet in a web browser and enjoy the data card speed on your mobile device.
We will show you two methods to connect a data card with any mobile phone. If you have windows 10 computer or laptop, you must go for the first method.
Otherwise, you can use the second method by using a rooted android smartphone and with the help of a data cable.
I hope this article is helpful for you. If you have any questions or quires, then you can ask us in the comment section. We are happy to help you.