Aryabhatta is an Indian scientist. A lot of people know him for discovering zero. He was the scientist of Mathematics and Astronomy. He Born into Kusumapura today it is known as Patna. His lifespan was from 476 to 550 CE.
If you want to Know about his complete Biography, wiki, Inventions, etc and keep reading.
Apart from zero he also discovers Value of Pi and Formulas to calculate the Area of Triangles and circle. According to him, Earth circumference was 62,832 miles but in reality, it is 40,075km.
But he does not have all the resources that modern scientists have but still, he finds out an approximation which is very good.
Keep Reading to To Know about his all Discoveries
Biography of Aryabhata: Everything You Need to Know
As you Know Aryabhata Born in 476 A.D. His birthplace is not certain But a lot of resources mention Kusumapura.
It is known as Patna these days which is the capital of Bihar State, India.
- While some Resource mentions that His birthplace is somewhere in the Kerla and he comes to KUsumapura for higher study But his birthplace is definitely in India.
- His father’s name is Sri Bandu Bapu Athawale and his mother’s name is Srimati Honsabai Banda Athawale.
The only accurate information about Aryabhata is his DOB and parents. The date of Place is also not known because he is a very old scientist.
But his contribution to mathematics, science, and astronomy is immense.
Aryabhata Invention & Life
His all work is available in the Aryabhatiya. It is an astronomical treatise that is written in the Sanskrit language. The name selection was not his decision. He named it Ashmakatantra. His disciple Bhaskara (who is also scentest) named it Ashmakatantra.
There are were a total of 108 verses available in this. He write it in 1499 when he was only 23 years old.
- He is was one of the first scientists who find out that Earth Relovle around Sun and its own axis.
- He also discovers Zero: Although it does not zero symbols anywhere he discovers the place-value system which was used 3rd-century. Later French mathematician Georges Ifrah argues that knowledge of zero was implicit in Aryabhata’s place-value system as a place holder for the powers of ten with null coefficients.
- He discovers the Value of Pi (π) which is used to calculate Area circumference
- He also claims that Moon has no Light. It reflects the light of the Sun. Which is 100% true.
- Trigonometry: Aryabhata responsible for the birth of Trigonometry. He shares for a triangle, the result of a perpendicular with the half-side is the area. He also shares concept of sine (jya), cosine (kojya), versine (utkrama-jya), and inverse sine (otkram jya)
- Algebra: Aryabhata also provided the sum of a series of squares and cubes.
- Eclipses: Aryabhata successfully explained Solar and lunar eclipses.
- India’s first satellite named on Aryabhata it was launched on 19 April 1975.
- Aryabhatta Knowledge University is established in Patna By Bihar Government.
- A Research Institute Aryabhata Research Institute of Observational Sciences (ARIOS) near Nainital, India is established.
In 550 He leaves the world forever when he was 74 years old.